Call us: (845) 247-0656

History


above: Illustration of the original 1835 Saugerties Lighthouse (lower right) from William Wade’s 1846 engraving Panorama of the Hudson River from New York to Albany. The Lighthouse was a cupola design with a tower rising from the center of the dwelling. Isolated from the shoreline, the Lighthouse was built on a shoal atop a man-made island of wood cribbing and stone fill. The present-day picnic area is located on the stone remnants of that island.

Bed & Breakfast

Saugerties Lighthouse
Phone: (845) 247-0656
saugertieslighthouse.com

Conservancy

Saugerties Lighthouse Conservancy
PO Box 654
Saugerties, NY 12477